In order to prevent the O-ring from twisting and damage, what points should be paid attention to when designing?
1) The concentricity of the O-ring installation groove should be considered from two aspects: convenient processing and no distortion.
2) The cross-sectional dimension of the O-ring should be uniform, and lubricating oil or grease should be applied to the sealing part every time it is installed. Sometimes a felt ring type lubricating device impregnated with lubricating oil can also be used.
3) Increase the cross-sectional diameter of the O-ring. The cross-sectional diameter of the O-ring for dynamic sealing should generally be larger than that for the static sealing; In addition, the O-ring should be avoided as a seal for large-diameter pistons.
4) When twisting damage occurs under low pressure, a sealing ring can be used to protect the retaining ring.
5) Reduce the surface roughness of the cylinder barrel and piston rod.
6) The O-ring is made of materials with low friction coefficient.
7) The O-ring can be replaced by a sealing ring that is not prone to distortion.